was born on August 24th in Hartford, Connecticut. I lived there until I was 5, and then moved with my family to my current home in Exton, Pennsylvania (approximately forty-five minutes west of Philadelphia). I am the oldest of three children, my sister is two years younger than me, and my brother is a little less than 6 years younger than me.
My four years of high school were some of the best of my life, I was afforded so many opportunities during my time there. For example, I had/have the privilege of having a job, but more importantly, I have the privilege of working for a manager who is not only a great person but is one of those few leaders who inspires people to work hard without saying a word. Needless to say I have learned much from him. In addition, I had several remarkable teachers, but one teacher who I will always remember for not only for making the subject of physics fun and interesting for two years, but he became my good friend in the process. Furthermore, I had the privilege of studying abroad on three occassions, once with a group of student ambassadors to France, Spain and Portugal. The other two times were with a choir, and we were able to give concerts at various venues (most notably the Berliner Dome, St. Thomas's Church in Leipzig, where Bach is buried, and the Vatican). Finally, I was given the opportunity to shadow a brilliant physician (a good friend of the family) as she worked at a free clinic. The experience was life-changing in every sense of the phrase. This all culminated with my graduation on June 5, 2009, and after a fun-filled summer, I began another "chapter" of my academic career at the University of Pittsburgh.
Some "fun facts" about me are: I am a HUGE Batman fan, and have been since I was about four years old. It bothers me when people say they a big Batman fans because until Batman Begins and The Dark Knight , everyone made fun of Batman. Also, I now have brown hair and hazel eyes, but I had blonde hair and blue eyes until I was about three years old. Finally, I have recieved innumerable amounts of good advice from people over the years, but one of the best pieces I recieved from a Jesuit priest, he said, "Things that are worth doing, are worth doing poorly."Think about it, it makes a lot of sense.
No comments:
Post a Comment