Sunday, July 18, 2010

William Miller

Here is the story of William Miller from his own website. Miller has graduated with a degree in Computer Science.

I was introduced to computers, as a small child during the 60s , from watching Batman and seeing the Batcomputer. I was always a fan of the show, but I think my career-Marine father questioned the fact that his son admired a guy who wore purple satin briefs over gray pantyhose.

While my father was in Vietnam, he sent back a sheet of green-bar computer paper with the Bat Signal printed on it. Evidently, some of the MIS guys had printed this out along with some risqué ASCII-art calendars. This printout awakened my love of science and technology. At eight years old, I thought it was incredible that you could program a machine to print the Bat Signal. (As a young child, I thought the printed bat logo was cool. In junior high school, I wished I had gotten one of the calendars instead.)


URL = http://www.billsworld.org/history.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment